To start off with, please make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the game. You can find out the minimum and recommended system configuration required to run the game in the link below:
Once it is determined that the system is powerful enough to run the game, we can go ahead with the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart Steam. This simple action allows your computer to fix many issues, and it's extremely useful after you've installed the latest OS updates.
- Verify the integrity of the game on Steam:
- Go to steam > right click PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Click the Local Files tab > select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Make sure your Windows OS is up to date:
- Go to the Start Menu > type Settings
- Select Update & Security > Check for Updates
- Install the available updates > restart your computer.
- Make sure all your drivers are up to date, for your GPU and any other hardware you are using. You can download the latest [NVIDIA] or [AMD] drivers from its support pages.
- Run Steam as an Admin. This can also help fix the "Steam Initialization Failure"
- Simply go to C:Program Files (x86)Steam > right click on Steam.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Run PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds as an Admin, to ensure there are no restrictions.
- Go to C:ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Battlegrounds/TslGame/Binaries/Win64 >
- Select TsLGame.exe > right click it > run as Administrator.
- Disable Windows Defender.
- Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings.
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
- Disable Windows Firewall and any other third-party antivirus/firewall solutions:
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall
- Use the options available on the left hand panel to either turn the Firewall off or allow an exception for the game.
- Update/Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. You can download the tool from Microsoft's support.
- Install the latest update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.
- Scan your system using a registry cleaner.
- Set Steam launch options to -noborder. To know more about Steam launch options please click [Here].
- Place PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on the same hard drive as your Windows OS. For improving the performance of the game, you can try installing the game in a SSD (Solid state drive), as it’s much faster than a normal hard disk drive.
This should help in resolving this issue. If you have any on-going trouble please reach out to the PUBG Player Support.