To start off with, please make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the game. You can find out the minimum and recommended system configuration required to run the game in the following article:
[What are the minimum and recommended requirements to play PUBG?]
Once it is determined that the system is powerful enough to run the game, we can go ahead with the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart Steam. This simple action allows your computer to fix many issues, and it's extremely useful after you've installed the latest OS updates.
- Verify the integrity of the game on Steam:
- Go to Steam > right click PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Click the Local Files tab > select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Make sure your Windows OS is up to date:
- Go to the Start Menu > type Settings
- Select Update & Security > Check for Updates
- Install the available updates > restart your computer
- Make sure all your drivers are up to date, for your GPU and any other hardware you are using. You can download the latest [NVIDIA] or [AMD] drivers from its support pages.
- Run Steam as an Admin. This can also help fix the "Steam Initialization Failure" error.
- Simply go to C:Program Files (x86)Steam > right click on Steam.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Run PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds as an Admin, to ensure there are no restrictions.
- Go to C:ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Battlegrounds/TslGame/Binaries/Win64
- Select TsLGame.exe > right click it > run as Administrator.
- Place PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on the same hard drive as your Windows OS. For improving the performance of the game, you can try installing the game in a SSD (Solid state drive), as it's much faster than a normal hard disk drive.
If your system meets the minimum requirements and above solutions haven't worked, we would request you to contact PUBG Player Support with the screenshot or video of issue and Dump file for further investigation.
To obtain Dump file, please do the following:
Go to [Windows + R -> Task Manager -> AppData -> Local -> TslGame -> Saved -> Crashes] and send us Dump file.