CHECK CURRENT SERVER STATUS
RUN PUBG AS ADMINISTRATOR
- Force close Steam by using Task Manager and relaunch
- Remove all Steam Launch options (if any) for PUBG
- Navigate to PUBG’s install directory:
- Default install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64
- Right Click TsIGame.exe and select “Run as Administrator”
RESTART COMPUTER & ROUTER
SWITCH TO A WIRED CONNECTION
Wireless connections are more prone to environmental interference (potentially causing increased ping or packet loss) and can be more difficult to troubleshoot. We recommend switching to a wired connection to help mitigate these issues.
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button in the lower-left corner. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click either Windows Update or Check for updates
2. Click the Check for updates button and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer
COMPLETE A CLEAN INSTALLATION
Sometimes issues occur where files are corrupted, permissions aren’t set correctly, or certain aspects of the game aren’t installed correctly. To fix this we need to completely uninstall PUBG and associated files.
1. Uninstall PUBG
2. Go to your Steam library
3. Right Click on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS and select Uninstall
4. A windows will pop up asking for confirmation, click on Delete
5. Remove associated files
6. Press Windows Key+R
7. Type in %localappdata% and then press Enter or OK
8. Delete the folder TslGame
9. Navigate to Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye and delete the file BEService_pubg.exe
10. Install the game again through steam
ENABLE PORT FORWARDING
Routers will sometimes block incoming traffic which is required for programs and games to work correctly.
With port forwarding, you can add exceptions for the specific ports which the game uses, this allows the game to send and receive data without interruption from your router.
1. Press the Windows key and in the search bar type “CMD”
2. Right Click the Command prompt shortcut and select “Run As Administrator”
3. In Command Prompt, Type ipconfig /release
4. Press [Enter]
5. Type ipconfig /renew
6. Press [Enter]
7. Type ipconfig /flushdns
8. Press Enter
9. Relaunch the game and test your connection
ADDITIONAL TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS
1. Check your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) service status to see if they’re experiencing any temporary outages or issues.
2. Update router’s firmware is up-to-date (varies on product, refer to the model’s instructions)
3. Enable or disable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router or system settings
4. Disable any third party networking software such as a VPN
5. Disable router firewall (NOT RECOMMEND) - refer to router instructions
6. Test using an alternate connection such as mobile tethering
7. Update Network Adapter Drivers
If you have tried some all of the necessary troubleshooting techniques and the issue still persists, please open a support ticket located here: https://support.pubg.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, then please provide the following template:
- Date Seen:
(approximately at what date did this start)
- Full explanation of issue:
(Be as specific with this information as you can. Not being specific or exact with your information can prolong troubleshooting)
- Error message details:
(If you receive an error message please let us know what it says - i.e Connection timeout 18.104.22.168)
- Which country you are playing from?
- Which region you would normally be connected to?
- What is the Server ID or Match ID when you had experienced the issue?
- What is your ISP provider?
CHECK CURRENT SERVER STATUS